Adapted from here.
1. Fish heads (x2) + Kombu (est 5 x 2″) + Ginger (3″ sliced) in a pot. Fill water just enough to cover the ingredients and bring to a slight boil. Simmer for at least an hour.
2. Strain the broth. Remove the fish heads, separate the fish meat and set it aside.
3. Add 1/4 cup of mirin, 1 tsp of salt and 3 tbs of miso to the broth. Heat up the soup. Add tofu (optional).
4. In a separate pot, boil the noodles (somen/udon/mee suan/your preference) in water with a pinch of salt.
5. Portion the noodles, add the fish meat, pour some of the broth over it and ta-dah! Feel free to add seaweed seasoning over it.
Easy to make and a really healthy choice!